Data Analyst On Weekdays. Drummer On Weekends

They say you’ve got to have multiple sources of income if you want to make it big or you want to survive in this our dear country Nigeria, coz one hustle equal to no hustle at all. They say if you’re not hustling, grinding and suffering then you are not ready for success.

For me the goal has always been to play the drums and make money from playing alone. I have always believed in this quote “make your passion your profession and work will become play”. Beautiful quote by the way.

Coz who says you can’t become a millionaire from playing the drums alone, who? I have seen others do it, so it is not impossible.

But.

I have come to realize that not everyone will have it that smooth. Not every drummer is gonna make so much money from playing the drums alone, in fact some won’t even make any at all. As sad as it sounds, that is the reality that we live in.

So, what do we do? Or what did I do, coz I happen to be amongst the set of drummers that are making little to nothing from playing just the drums.

LEARN A SKILL. START A BUSSINESS. GET A JOB. TRY SOMETHING NEW

Easier said than done. But I had to. I just had to. So, 2020 (the pandemic year) and thanks to YouTube, I started my lessons on DATA ANALYSIS and it has been a rollercoaster.

Not like I am making millions from Data Analysis right now but it’s better than just depending on the drums alone. If one doesn’t pay, the other might must pay.

Am I still optimistic about playing the drums and making good money from it? YES, I AM but if it doesn’t happen, IT IS WHAT IT IS. We move. Lol.

So right now, I am a Drummer and a freelance Data Analyst. I do both well. Very well.

This is Twenty – Twenty – Two……… the goal is to keep the passion alive and also try not to be broke. LOL.


#Peace.       

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY TOP 10 CRAZY DRUM STICK IDEAS

The Power of Repetition: Maximizing Your Drum Practice

Drum Clinic